I found this recipe online at cooksrecipes.com and then tweaked it to my liking, I am going to type the portions they have but I didn't really measure i just pour till it looks good :)
So we had Bean and Cheese Enchiladas and Spanish Rice
Bean and Cheese Enchiladas
2 cups colby/jack cheese blend
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
1 can (16 oz) refried beans
1 jar mild taco sauce
1/4 c. salsa
1/2 tsp. cumin
12 flour tortillas
Sliced ripe olives, optional
Sour cream, optional
- In a medium bowl mix all of the cheeses
- In another bowl, combine beans, 1/4c. salsa, 1 1/2 c. cheese mixture and cumin
- Spread 1 cup taco sauce into the bottom of a 13x9x2 inch baking dish
- Spoon a heaping 1/4 c. bean mixture down the center of each tortilla. Place tortillas seam side down on taco sauce. Top with taco sauce and remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 F. for 30 mins. or until heated through
- Serve with sliced ripe olives, green onions and sour cream if desired.
2 tbs. oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 oz. tomato sauce
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. rice
1 tbs. onion powder
2 c. cold water
2 tbs. chicken bouillon
- Coat bottom of saucepan with oil and saute rice until golden brown
- Add garlic to rice and saute for 1 min.
- Add tomato sauce, water, salt, onion powder, and chicken bouillon and stir well to mix ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Lower the heat to simmer. Cover and simmer for 25 mins.