Red, White, and Blueberry Cheesecake
1/4 c. sugar
1/3 c. blueberry pie filling, pureed
1 can. strawberry pie filling, pureed
blue food coloring
- Beat cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add eggs , 1 at a time.
- Separate approx. 1/2 of cream cheese filling to small bowl. Add pureed blueberry pie filling and mix well. Then blue food coloring until you get a shade of blue you like, I used 3 or 4 drops.
- Spread blueberry cream cheese mixture into bottom of pie crust.
- Carefully spread remaining original cream cheese mixture on top of blue layer (make sure to rinse or change spatulas)
- Bake 35 to 40 mins. or until center is almost set. Cool completely. Refrigerate 4 hours to overnight.
- Before serving spread pureed strawberry filling over top of chilled cheesecake. (I blended the filling because I simply do not like chunks of fruit but feel free spread strawberry pie filling straight from the can onto cheesecake if you prefer whole fruit, the presentation will probably look nicer. )
Recipe submitted at Recipe Swap Monday over at Our Chaotic Life, Mouthwatering Monday over at A Southern Fairytale, Homemaker Monday over at 11th Heaven's Homemaking Haven, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday , Tasty Tuesday