Friday, April 24, 2009

Cheesecake of the Month

Banana Cream Cheesecake

So today was the first day that I made this one and I think it turned out pretty good it was kind of an ode to one of my good friends who really likes banana cream pie, the thing is I am not a big fan of banana cream pie, cheesecake however I do love so I figured a banana cream cheesecake would be a wonderful combination of our tastes. My best friend refered to it as deliciously different I do believe that meant she liked it. My husband and daughter also gave it the seal of approval.



Banana Cream Cheesecake:

1 Nilla Wafer Pie Crust

1/2 c. Sugar

1 tbs. cornstarch

2 eggs

1 1/2 med. bananas, mashed

1/3 c. whipped topping

1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract*

* I used 1 tsp. vanilla extract and 1/2 tsp. banana extract

Beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add sugar and constarch; beat until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas, whipped topping and vanilla. Pour cream cheese mixture into prepared crust. Place pan on cookie sheet and bake 15 minutes.

Reduce oven temperature to 200 degrees F and continue baking about 55 minutes or until center is almost set. Refrigerate, uncovered, 6 hours or overnight.

I also added more whip cream on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment